Finding a balance between establishing safe practices that protect your family and our staff during the Covid-19 pandemic and allowing the visitation of our residents continues to be a top priority for us. Our staff continues to monitor the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH).
Outdoor visitation is the safest way to visit a resident and is strongly encouraged over indoor locations, for their health and your own. Even when the resident and visitor are fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC, outdoor visits pose a lower risk of transmission due to increased space and airflow.
However, in the case of inclement weather, extreme temperatures, or poor air quality, an outdoor visit may not be practical. In these cases, appropriate indoor spaces that provide a minimum safe distance between visitors and residents have been set aside for occasional use. When you schedule your visit, please indicate whether you will need an outdoor space or an indoor one.
Regardless of where the visit takes place, all visitation requirements will be in effect.
CONTACT DURING VISITS
The general rule is that the less physical contact between individuals, the lower the risk of infection. If a resident if fully vaccinated as defined by CDC guidelines, they may choose to hug, touch, or hold hands with their visitor while both are wearing well-fitting facemasks and practice established hand hygiene before and after the visit.
Visitors should physically distance from other residents and staff while visiting the facility.
• Please schedule your visitation ahead of time
• ALL visitors must log in to provide public-health contact-tracing information
• Visitors will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms and risk factors prior to entry
• Visitors MUST wear a facemask to visit, move a resident to and from the visitation site, or transport a resident. If you do not have a facemask or adequate personal protective equipment (PPE), a facemask will be provided for you
• Visitors, residents, and staff will be asked to sanitize their hands with provided alcohol-based sanitizer before and after each visitation, and after touching the face or facemask.
• ALL visit locations must be designated beforehand: ALL indoor and outdoor locations MUST maintain a minimum of six feet of distance between visitors, staff, and residents. The distance must be 12 feet for those who cannot wear a mask due to medical conditions
• Visitation spaces are designated for your visit. Going for a walk or taking a drive with a resident will NOT be allowed at this time
• If a resident requires transport, a facemask is required at all times. Residents cannot be transported through any space with confirmed or suspected Covid-19 patients
• Visits WILL be periodically monitored by a staff member trained in patient safety and infection-control measures. A respectful distance will be maintained for your privacy during your visit
AFTER YOUR VISIT
Since Covid-19 can have an extended period of time before symptoms can start to show up, it’s important to monitor your health closely after your visit. If you develop any symptoms of Covid-19 withing five days after your visit (or test positive within two days), please immediately notify the Aristocrat or Adobe facility that you visited.
This allows us to closely monitor and protect your loved one as well as all the other residents and staff at our facilities. Being proactive and responsible can save lives.
The availability of vaccines for the Covid-19 virus has given our residents, visitors, and staff a greater level of freedom and confidence. As we continue to receive new information about the vaccines, we will make every effort to streamline our policies and procedures for its administering. The CDC has recommended that residents of long-term health care facilities be a priority for full vaccination, along with all health care personnel.
Our pharmacy partner, RX Innovations, will provide the Moderna vaccine to all new, incoming residents along with any newly hired staff members. Currently, 98% of our residents are fully vaccinated and we also have a high vaccination rate among our staff.
As the world’s understanding of Covid-19 continues to evolve, so do the recommendations for its prevention and spread. The staff and management at the Aristocrat Assisted Living Facility and the Adobe Assisted Living Facilities are constantly monitoring the most up-to-date practices for protecting the residents and staff.
• Stringent monitoring of visitation procedures and policies
• Facemasks and other PPE techniques are required at all times both inside and outside the assisted living facilities and while transporting residents
• Visitors are tested for Covid-19 symptoms and risk factors when entering the building
• Contract tracing information is required to prevent uncontrolled spread of the virus
• Staff members carry alcohol-based sanitizer for consistent use
• All surfaces within designated visitation areas are cleaned and sanitized after each use
WHAT IS COVID-19 AND HOW DO PEOPLE GET IT?
Covid19 is a novel coronavirus disease which was first detected in Asia in late 2019. It is a respiratory illness that is increasingly understood to represent a long-term risk to people in every age group but especially the elderly or those with pre-existing health conditions.
The virus is primarily thought to spread from person to person through respiratory droplets carried in the air. These tiny droplets are spread when a person coughs, sneezes, or even talks and can be a risk to people in close proximity. Covid-19 can be spread in these ways by individuals not exhibiting any symptoms, making it even more difficult to control.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
Similar to the cold of flu, Covid-19 presents as a mild to severe respiratory illness but with a much greater health risk.
• Fevers, chills, or fatigue
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Body aches and headache
• Loss of taste or ability to smell
• Congestion, runny nose, sore throat
• Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
HOW CAN I VISIT PEOPLE AT THE ARISTOCRAT OR THE ADOBE?
To help protect the health and safety of our residents, staff, and other visitors to our facilities, the Aristocrat Assisted Living Facility and the Adobe Assisted Living Facilities have adopted a policy for visitation based on the latest health guidelines from medical experts.
You must schedule your visit in advance with the facility and follow all the protocols requested by staff members. Facemasks, social distancing, hand sanitization, contact tracing, and pre-screening will all be required during your visit. Our staff members will help you understand and follow the safety guidelines during your visit.
For more details, please visit the VISITATION tab at the top of this page.
ARE THE RESIDENTS AND STAFF VACCINATED?
With highly effective vaccines now widely available, we have achieved a 98% vaccination rate among our residents at all of our facilities. New residents are either required to provide proof of vaccination or will receive it from our pharmacy partner before moving in. In addition, our staff members have received the vaccination and any new personnel must have the shot before coming to work in our facilities.
I’VE BEEN VACCINATED ALREADY. DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
Yes. Until we receive guidance from state health officials or the CDC to the contrary, you will still be required to wear a mask to protect others and yourself.
View the visitation and activity guidance for nursing homes and
assisted living facilities from the New Mexico Department of Health.